Timer Relay

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Need sanity check here.. (Already saw flames/sparks and don't want to again..oops) :oops:
Long weekend blah blah blah.. I'm tired..

Do I have this wiring correct?
Actuation of Foot switch will energize Solenoid 1 for 5 seconds and then solenoid 2 will start 1/2 second after that and both will stop after the 5 second time has elapsed..

Using these relays..
https://www.mcmaster.com/#timer-relays/=1a51x90

Attachments

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
I don't see a neutral going to the half second delay timer. Other than that it looks like your description requirements.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I don't see a neutral going to the half second delay timer. Other than that it looks like your description requirements.
There is only those 2 connections as shown on it.. I don't think it needs the neutral..

Thats the one I messed up wiring in the first place and turned it into a flamethrower :D... I think its correct as I have shown..

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
That should be well within the current rating of the timer. Are you sure you did not have a short on your wiring ?

For "gerty". Here is a proper link to the data on the lower timer on the schematic. It is show as being a two terminal device so there is no neutral connection.

Les.

gerty

Joined Aug 30, 2007
Looked up your relay, used them before, they do not like higher currents than what they are rated for. Have you measured the current through the solenoid? I don't know what else it could be if that checks out.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I wasn't clear..
I had the wiring different when I made one into a flamethrower..
I just sat down and drew this out afterwards to make sure I didn't turn another one into soot..

I think I'm good to go now when the new one comes in..
Thanks for the sanity check guys..