time step too small error in protus

MAINAHNOUD

Joined Jul 24, 2019
I simulated two triangular wave using 555, then I make shifter circuit to shift negative part of two signals to positive , to can use it in arduino, but time step too small error appear. So what can I do to solve this problem.
1585320880362.png

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
It's telling you what node it is having trouble with. Go look at that node.

Usually these errors are do to something that, in theory, would be changing instantaneously but that can't in the real world (or even in the simulated world, which has noted deviations from true real behavior).

Look at your signal sources. Do any of them have step transitions in them? Is so, given the sloped rising and falling edges.

MAINAHNOUD

Joined Jul 24, 2019
The error as shown in pictures which I uploaded it in last comment

Also, I want to use the output to arduino, so the simulation must be work to can use it.

Finally, how can I know the sources has step transient or not?

Sorry but I am beginner in using protys

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Proteus Isis has a standalone nodal analysis tool ( you have to buy ) If you are only having an issue with U4 look at the input via R10 as it looks different to the input to U3 via R6.

Having three virtual scopes on screen at once will kill your simulation... Just use one on the final output.. Lastly. Just because a model is in the library doesn't mean it has a model file... To get a decent output use ideal components and digital caps and digital resistors... Once you have it working then sim each part separately to get the answers you're looking for.

You may be better off with LT spice...

MAINAHNOUD

Joined Jul 24, 2019
Okay, I remove oscilloscope. But, I can't understand what should I do to run my simulation. Note that I need to make simulation in protus to can test my arduino program. Also, I simulate each part alone of my circuit and it work, but when I merg all circuits together it doesn't work.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Is the non-inverting input of U3 floating? I'm not familiar with Proteus. What is the blue line for?
Can all the straggly lines be tidied up to make the schematic easier to read?

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
The blue line is just the area... I have replaced the TS9651 with ideal and it simulates okay.. This means the model file is precarious.. Not entirely sure if the 100k pull up is causing the issue.. If it's moved to before the 50k it simulates.

MAINAHNOUD

Joined Jul 24, 2019
Do the TS9651 refer to opamp?
Do you send me your schematic which work done?

Or do you have another circuit schematic which produce triangular wave only in positive part?

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I cant read the values on your circuit image and I don't use proteus. But...
I've been using LTspice for a few years.

Here is some things you can try.

1. Ramp up the power supply from 0v to operating voltage.
2. Set initial voltage conditions on the large caps to 0v.
3. Check for the correct bias voltage(s) at the opamps (DC operating point).

One of or more of these steps usually works.

eT

Ian Rogers

Joined Dec 12, 2012
Your opamp input is far too low... Tell me what the signal at the output should be... Are you aiming for a triangle wave??
If I remove the 100k pullups the circuit simulated, using YOUR circuit...

MAINAHNOUD

Joined Jul 24, 2019
yes, i aiming for a triangle wave. i produced two triangular wave from ic555, with value 1.4mv and 1.8mv.
also i change 100kohm, but also it doesn't work as in attachment.

Attachments