three phase motor

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
So, start-delta started motor in a system designed for 380V.
But OP wants to run it on 220V only. Should be possible if OP is willing to modify the control circuit to disconnect from the star-delta starter and wire it permanently as Hohe Drehzahl.

julian109

Joined May 5, 2015
I can't tell you it's a good idea to run it on 220v. If it were my motor i would connect it in delta and try it. But i wouldn't try it if it wasn't my motor or if i couldn't afford a failure.
OK. If I want to replace the motor with one on single phase,which motor I should buy to be the same power.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
OK. If I want to replace the motor with one on single phase,which motor I should buy to be the same power.
One with the same hp/kw rating and speed rating as what you have:

Hi.the motor it's a 4.5 kw and 6.2 HP,and I want to know if it's eny way to be conectit at 220 v. Thanks.
BTW were talking this whole time about how to connect your motor to run on 220v single phase?
Because if so, that is not, and was never possible.

Also, be aware that a single phase motor of the same rating will draw a lot more amps than the 3 phase motor that you have. You will need to verify the size of wires, fuses, breakers, contactors, and overloads in the system to verify everything can handle the increased current before purchasing a motor.

julian109

Joined May 5, 2015
One with the same hp/kw rating and speed rating as what you have:

BTW were talking this whole time about how to connect your motor to run on 220v single phase?
Because if so, that is not, and was never possible.

Also, be aware that a single phase motor of the same rating will draw a lot more amps than the 3 phase motor that you have. You will need to verify the size of wires, fuses, breakers, contactors, and overloads in the system to verify everything can handle the increased current before purchasing a motor.
Hi.do you think a static convertor will be helpful for me or I need a rotary converter?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The higher current will also apply to a 220v 3ph motor.
Re-reading the plate I see the two rpm's are 700/1390.
If you use a RPC or static conv you will still need a higher voltage for that motor.
If you want variable rpm for a single speed motor it might be wiser to look for a VFD and use 220v 1ph input and a standard 3ph 240v 4 pole motor.
You can also set them for a series of fixed speeds.
Max.

julian109

Joined May 5, 2015
The higher current will also apply to a 220v 3ph motor.
Re-reading the plate I see the two rpm's are 700/1390.
If you use a RPC or static conv you will still need a higher voltage for that motor.
If you want variable rpm for a single speed motor it might be wiser to look for a VFD and use 220v 1ph input and a standard 3ph 240v 4 pole motor.
You can also set them for a series of fixed speeds.
Max.
Hi.i mean to keep the three phase motor and to buy a convertor,but I don't know wich one its better,static or rotary converter.