This link was very useful for someone like me who is trying to learn!

Rolland B. Heiss

Joined Feb 4, 2015
I found this link today and it's pretty good at showing someone like me how things flow and work electrically. Requires JAVA for the app to run. You can even click on the switches in the schematics in order to see what happens to the flow when certain switches are on or off. Even I know via deductive reasoning what will or will not flow if switches are on or off but what helped me is to see what happens when differing resistor values happen to be connected to certain switches. This would be a good site to direct people to who are still trying to figure everything out!

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I have been to that site, and I found it wanting.
I was disappointed in the current animation.
I tried to go back there, but I am using a new operating system and do not want to install flash.
As I remember they used white dots or dashes for current.
The first thing I noticed was that the only thing the animation of current did, was show direction.
It did not animate magnitude and phase. Most important to understand.

I would simulate actual electron flow.
I would use bright moving yellow dots for max in-phase current.
As the current splits into different legs....the yellow turns pale in proportion the the magnitude.
The ground leg near the supply, is just as bright as the supply leg...we are showing current, not voltage.

If there is a negative supply, The current is still bright yellow dots.
It just moving in the opposite direction of the positive supply.

The only time the dots turn real pale yellow is in very low current in-phase current legs.

Now when the yellow dot starts into a capacitor....it turns from yellow to orange...then to red. Red shows a 90 degree advance.
The color of the dot coming out of the cap will depend on Q.
If the resistance is equal to the capacitance, the dot will be orange.

The dot will change from yellow to green...to blue for 90 degree lag(inductor).

The color of the dot will show you reactance anywhere in the circuit.
If the reactance is balanced out....the dot is yellow again.

As you change frequency...you can watch the colors change.

I have never used simulators. Maybe there are such programs.

I hope I didn't confuse you.

Himanshoo

Joined Apr 3, 2015
I found this link today and it's pretty good at showing someone like me how things flow and work electrically. Requires JAVA for the app to run. You can even click on the switches in the schematics in order to see what happens to the flow when certain switches are on or off. Even I know via deductive reasoning what will or will not flow if switches are on or off but what helped me is to see what happens when differing resistor values happen to be connected to certain switches. This would be a good site to direct people to who are still trying to figure everything out!

http://www.falstad.com/circuit/
either you can try NEETS Module(training series)..
just google it...