Third-party email to my all-about-circuits email address

feelin

Joined May 24, 2018
Today I got an email from Riedon Inc regarding some new resistor product of theirs. This came directly from the company, from sales @ riedon . com, but it came to my Allaboutcircuits email address. I almost always make up a new email address for websites requiring an email for registration, so I know the email address they used is the one I provided only to Allaboutcircuits. At the bottom of the email is the common opt-out links ("Want to change how you receive these emails? You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list"). These links look like they go to a Riedon list manager company, not to Allaboutcircuits. This happened once before on Jan 31, 2019, at which time I believe I sent a "Contact Us" message to Allaboutcircuits. Not surprisingly, I did not hear back. So I'm posting here.

Any one else recently get an email from Riedon.com? I'm sure Allaboutcircuits privacy policy allows sharing of emails with other companies, but getting emails directly from another company using the email I provided Allaboutcircuits to me crosses the line. The evidence indicates that either Allaboutcircuits intentionally provided Riedon with my email address or Riedon illicitly obtained my email address from Allaboutcircuits. And if this happened to me, it very likely happened to others, perhaps you?

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I have never received email from Reidon.com nor from any site I can directly associate with AAC. Rarely (once or twice a year at most), I get phising from Asian accounts posing as Amazon.com or a commonly known bank, but they are easily filtered. How they got my email I do not know.