Thermal Conductivity measurement set up using 3 omega technique

Shalik Ram Joshi

Joined Aug 17, 2017
I am supposed to measure third harmonic voltage (3ω). To give some detail, I would like measure thermal conductivity of film by 3-omega technique. We lay a metal strip over the film which will act both as heater and thermometer. We apply current of omega through this wire when the heat will generate at 2 ω and the temperature oscillates at 2 omega and hence the resitance at 2 omega as the metals resistance is proportional to temperature. Finally the output voltage which is a product of current ω and resitance 2ω making up 3ω is measured which has the information of thermal properties of the film. We have this lock in amplifier to measure this V-3ω.

I have seen so may circuit diagrams but i am confused with the use of Lock in amplifiers. I am using MFLI Lock in Amplifier from Zurich Instruments. First i would like to know about the various parts of this Lock in amplifier, i.e. where is the reference, where we provide the input and where is the output and some more detail. As, i don't have an electronics background so setting up this instrument using Lock In Amplifier is becoming difficult for me. Any help would be warmly appreciated.
Thanks
With Regards
Shalik