The Orville. Not what I was expecting!

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I finally downloaded the present 8 episodes and had a look.

Way more of a star Trak then the present disappointment they came out with and kind of sad that mcfarlane can do a better star trek like series than star trek can. :(

Not what I was expecting from a seth macfarlane show and well worth taking a look at if you have the time. :cool:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
So far the primary appeal is that it's a step away from all the long drawn out multi episode storyline arc and dark dystopian all personal/social drama and war future crap. It's bright and inviting and carries just enough new slants on common themes to be interesting but still relatable and not feel agenda biased preachy either. :cool:

Its not the now near standard depressing <snip> plotlines (my immediate and major new star trek series turn off, which given the viewers reviews so far says I am not along in that by a huge margin either) and so far I don't feel I need to watch every episode in exact order since there is as of yet any solid long story arc running behind everything.

The characters are far more realistic in terms of being both relatively likable and relatably annoying, as with being around real coworkers and friends or at least most are very reminiscent of people I know, including the informal and not always appropriate for the situation low wit humor.

All things considered, so far I have to give it a solid B+ (and improving as they hopefully continue to refine their story writing and character development work) rating and might even rewatch everything again (when I get a storm day or a few and don't care to go outside if I don't have to) which for me is pretty rare to even consider rewatching any weekly series shows now a days.

As I said before, really not what I expected from something seth mcfarlane has a strong hand in the production and staring in of and as of now am looking forward to the next episode! :)

Star Trek Disgustery on the other hand, two and I was done. Nothing new to discover or boldly go to there<snip> :(

Mod edit: political content snipped.

Last edited by a moderator: