The news of the day.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
In 1970, I walked down the middle of main street for 30 minutes between 5:30 and 6 AM and not a single car moved along that street during that time.
Apparently, the locals were still asleep and I could go to work with no one the wiser.
Today, I can't drive to the grocery store 2 miles away without being photographed at least 3 times.
Somebody claims that makes me "safer".
I don't believe it.
Universal surveillance is upon us. The NSA will know about this post in 30 seconds.
Do you think that makes you or me safer?

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Has the ownership taken measures to prevent the wayback machine from archiving these forums? Preventing the robots from archiving would make the internet a boring place with everyone having to "discover" each and every website.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I was in Spain in the late 70s. Their toilet paper was a cross between crepe paper and the paper they make brown paper bags out of. Lets just say, I wasn't ready for it then, and I remember it to this day. Spaniards, at least in one way, are more "hardy" then us Americans.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I was in Spain in the late 70s. Their toilet paper was a cross between crepe paper and the paper they make brown paper bags out of. Lets just say, I wasn't ready for it then, and I remember it to this day. Spaniards, at least in one way, are more "hardy" then us Americans.
They just don't wipe with the gusto that we tend to use. They thought of it more as a modified outhouse stick than a cellulose cloth that we tend to use. A delicate scrape is needed like lifting a pancake that has only cooked on one side.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Has the ownership taken measures to prevent the wayback machine from archiving these forums? Preventing the robots from archiving would make the internet a boring place with everyone having to "discover" each and every website.
Please don't pretend you aren't aware of Universal Surveillance. Please don't pretend you think it is only about posts on websites. You are obviously smarter than that.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/official-obama-moves-nsa-data-shared-domestic-law-enforcement/

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
It has only been recently ~ via encryption, the for the first time in all history, that we can have real privacy.

Why let only the perverts(government) have it?

Did you see that Iceland official walk out of that interview?

World leaders can have their secrets, but men who earn their living may not?