No one in particular. Sometimes I just talk to hear my head roar.Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?
Taxi Driver was on TV last night.
No, I don't think you are addressing post #138.
Happy Sunday, tracecom...and everybody else.![]()
No one in particular. Sometimes I just talk to hear my head roar.Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?
Taxi Driver was on TV last night.
No, I don't think you are addressing post #138.
Happy Sunday, tracecom...and everybody else.![]()
I usually don't talk. It interferes with the music that is playing in my head.No one in particular. Sometimes I just talk to hear my head roar.![]()
Old ink ... I wonder how that got into the script.I have had an HP2000 colorjet printer.
That has inkcartridges that would not work after the expiring date.
The printer is blocked until you have installed a new cartridge.
I phoned HP and asked why this was done.
They told me that it was to protect the printing heads from old ink.
Bertus
no one would ever find out and make the information generally known since doing so would instantly put the company out of business.
Somehow, all of the consumer electronics companies are choosing to bump sales 20% by using a technique that will cause them to lose all their customers when revealed.
Common sense can be your friend.
We (or the great unwashed, if you don't want to include yourself in "we") are boiled frogs. This issue of decreased life span of goods, whether you want to call it:the "clients" have now been trained that nothing lasts anymore. I go to repair something for a friend that blew up after 4 months and it's going to be an annoying SMD repair etc, and they say; "Don't bother, I'll just buy another one, nothing lasts these days anyway".
Whether they buy that brand or a different brand deosn't matter, the industry gets repeat sales as a whole and consumers are stupid and buy based on colour or how pretty the display is or what the salesman pushed that month. They are not very brand focused especially these days where there is a lot of Asian rebadging going on and consumers don't really know who made something anyway.
I don't see ANY distinction between the two. In both cases it is "deliberately designed to fail".We (or the great unwashed, if you don't want to include yourself in "we") are boiled frogs. This issue of decreased life span of goods, whether you want to call it:
A: "planned obsolescence" = purposefully designed to fail exactly after the warranty expiration, or
B: "cut-corners crappy design" = minimally designed to last only to the end of the warranty, and any days after the expiration is a fluke bonus for the buyer
(In practice, I don't realize much distinction between the two; designed-to-fail or not-designed-not-to-fail, both still fail at the appropriate time)...
...
You seem to prefer "obsolescent" to "obsolete." Is that a personal preference or a UK thing? And do you agree with the following?They are obsolescent.
![]()
Personally I have no preference, but the noun is in the title.You seem to prefer "obsolescent" to "obsolete." Is that a personal preference or a UK thing? And do you agree with the following?
Just the opposite. I really like cats. Actually I like all animals.RB, what do you have against cats?![]()
That's funny.I wonder what a forum of cats would look like. Probably a desolate place, where the cats rarely log in, and when they do, they don't read any of the other cats' posts; they just post a quick one-liner about themselves, fishing for compliments or affection, and re-read their own posts from earlier and get pissed off that nobody replied to them. A lot like facebook.