The most pleasant audio system you can remember, ever ?

allenpitts

Joined Feb 26, 2011
I had a 1965 Pontiac Bonneville that came with an aftermarket reverb. When I had music playing and hit a hard bump, it went Boioioing. I don’t know why, but it made me happy. :)
The boing came froma spring reverb. I has a Fender Twin Reverb amp. Did the sane thing if you bumped it.

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
AR3 replication AR3A designed by Roy Allison. Roy became vice president teledyne 1967 included submarine acoustic systems. LeCroy and many other quality instruments and consumer products. What a team Von Braun had.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Anytime I put a 5.1 DVD-AUDIO (MLP Lossless at 24/96 Resolution ) song on the cars 5.1 surround system.

sides

SW

center

Last edited:
Picked up an old Howard W Sams Photofact sheet off a neighbor's workbench for a Masco PA Amplifier he was servicing. This Amp used tubes in a push-pull configuration; 6L6's or 6V6's and produced some great sounds with little distortion and had the power to drive some big Woofers as well as intermediate range speakers. I built several for myself and even built one in highschool electric lab (1964) to showoff (ostensibly) my prowess. Also built several for guitar musicians (Beetle mania).

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations, and I hate limitations.]

Last edited:

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
I had a high quality Heathkit tubes amplifier. I took it to a MacIntosh amplifier clinic where they tested 10% even-harmonics distortion. After replacing the tubes, the distortion dropped to 0.5%. but I needed to replace the tubes every 3 months for low distortion. The even harmonics were "musical" because they are one octave higher than the fundamental frequencies.

I replaced the amplifier with an HH Scott solid state receiver in 1964 and it still (56 years old) plays with very low distortion today.