The Jokes thread

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
jgessling is ignored. Had to go back to September to find a comment that wasn't negative. Aside from that everything has been belittling others.

Look! It's OK to disagree. And OK to say you do - and why. But to be calling people stupid or fake intelligence - that's the sort of thing we don't need here.

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
God has four carnal attributes: Love, Power, Wisdom and Justice. In god's image we "Love", some of us are "Wise", and we all want a measure of "Justice". As for power - we exert dominance over the earth. In that sense we also have power, though not as much as god has.

I notice that bootloader9800 doesn't spell out god, but rather spells out "G_d". I hope my use of the title "God" has not offended you. If so - my apologies right now. I also use god in all lower cases because I'm not speaking of a specific deity, but rather speaking in general because many people have many other gods. Money is one such god. So is lust for power. The list goes on, no need to specify all that. As for my beliefs - according to the Bible (and we're NOT going to break into a biblical discussion) Adam was created 4,000 years before Jesus. Mathew and Luke both specify the lineage through Mary and Joseph. They also specify how old a person was when he fathered the next generation in that line. So according to Matt and Luke, Christianity (some 2,000 years old) and the previous Jewish faith (4,000 years from Adam to Jesus) makes human kind a little over 6,000 years old. Yet Muslims trace their beliefs back some 10,000 years. And if I have my facts right, Budists go back 13,000 years. Yet human remains can be found dating back some 135,000 years and possibly as far back as 200,000 years. That predates the Bible just a little bit. So if god exists in whatever form he (or she) (or it) exists, some explanation is needed. Till then I accept the Christian morality but don't bow down to any form of deity.

As for YOUR beliefs whomever you may be - I respect your right to believe as you choose. Please respect my right to believe as I choose. As I said, I don't want this to devolve into a religious argument. There's no point in it. Neither side is going to change their beliefs - so to those of Christian faiths - Merry Christmas. For the Jewish - Happy Hanukkah. To anyone else, Happy whatever your choice of faith may be. And finally, "Happy Festivus for the rest of us".

It doesnt mean a physical image. It talks about a spiritual image. We are created in the image of G‑d means that we were formed as a reflection of our G_d’s attributes and characteristics. Like he has free choice, we have free choice etc.
This is the jokes thread.

But anyway, I really wish God would have passed down all of the information of how the universe works...because I would like to know how electricity really works.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Friend at work was listening to the radio. A song came on and she excitedly said "Oh, I love this song". She was about to start singing along with it when someone quickly said "Leave it alone". She turned and asked "Well, I've heard you sing. Wondering if YOU could sing tenor. Like maybe ten or twenty miles from here?"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 10
KL7AJ Off-Topic 1
Sparky49 Feedback and Suggestions 4
electronis whiz Off-Topic 2
electronis whiz Off-Topic 1