The development of car lighting

dsgba118

Joined Jan 6, 2017
Today I have see an pages name "The Threshold for Automotive Electronic Components" from a blog( https://green-electronic-tutorial.blogspot.com ),I have a deep feeling.Right, I am agree with the author that with increased vehicle electrification, the demand for power electronic components has also increased, especially in applications such as powertrain, chassis, safety, body electronics, and telematics and infotainment. More and more manufactures want to
marching into the auto industry. Today here more I would like to discuss is car lighting.
car lighting.jpg
The automobile lighting technology has been developed for decades. In the era of light emitting diode (LED) lighting, the expectations of the design of integrated vehicle lamps have never been so high because of these high expectations that drive the technology of LED drivers in the semiconductor industry. Nowadays, automotive lighting requires high quality balanced design to ensure excellent lighting effect whether it's headlights or taillights.

In the past, the way to increase brightness is to increase the number of LED lights. But if you open a new taillight now, you will see a lot of light guide materials, light tubes, shades and other complex lighting structures, all of which are designed to achieve better lighting effects. In order to implement the above measures, it is necessary to reduce the number of LED lights and increase the current of each LED lamp.

Designers use switch mode LED drivers to increase the current of each LED lamp. But in the rear end combination lamp (RCL), high switching frequency may cause a lot of interference to the antenna, resulting in electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). When using linear LED driver, the high power consumption of LED driver may affect the whole life of the lamp.

TI launched a new three channel high Ceheng flow auto linear LED controller, which can help solve these problems. However,there are a lot of troubles about car lighting: Remote control failure, Battery state, Positioning lighting function, Curve lighting and etc.
Can automobile lighting automatically switch on the basis of the brightness of the real environment or higher technology one day?