The brag thread !!!!!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I like to see looswire Award. Will it be totally Loose or just wires hanging loose or will it be loosing a wire?

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey..tonight here in Male'
We are going to have the clash of the Parties.

It's gonna be one political clash.. I will try to get some pics.
Most of the roads are closed down. Military Police is in full metal jackets.

It s advised to stay indoors.
Can't wait to go out

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hey..tonight here in Male'
We are going to have the clash of the Parties.

It's gonna be one political clash.. I will try to get some pics.
Most of the roads are closed down. Military Police is in full metal jackets.

It s advised to stay indoors.
Can't wait to go out
Reminds me of when I single handedly organized all of the security for the G20 Summit in Pittsburgh.

Here are shots of some of my work.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I said brag.....oh well, might as well share some true info's.

But most of you should brag to some extent. I am uploading and all the pics, hopefully if I don't get a call I will post them later midnight.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I said brag.....oh well, might as well share some true info's.

But most of you should brag to some extent. I am uploading and all the pics, hopefully if I don't get a call I will post them later midnight.

I was bragging! :) Did you look at the pictures? That event was huge. Now way one person could organize that. I had nothing to do with it except ride my bicycle into town and take pictures.

bribri

Joined Feb 20, 2011
okay, i can brag about this. was recently looking at box-cameras on ebay.
ended up finding a 3CCD model marked as 'spare or repair' with 15 minutes of bidding left. the seller claimed "probably doesn't work, didn't test".
a quick look at the manual showed a power-supply input with the less common negative-inside-positive arrangement.
so how much did i want to bet that someone had simply applied the wrong polarity? turned out to be about $100 with shipping.
So! camera was DOA as might be expected. clicked out the power-board, had a look, and what do you know? there's an SMD part with a big arrow pointing to it labeled "fuse F1" which doesn't want to conduct electricity.
10 cents worth of replacement parts, a little soldering and hey-presto! i've got a fully-functioning piece of gear with 850TVL resolution.
very handy.
perhaps it's besides the point that these things still list new at over $4500.00
score!

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
I was given two 128 GB OCZ SATA SSDs, and a laptop (a Lenovo ThinkPad X201) for doing some web design/programming. I've set up the SSDs in a RAID 0 configuration and together they give me 250 MB/s sequential read rate, <0.3 ms seek time and 256 GB storage. I'm building a gaming PC with them. Boot time for Ubuntu is 8.2 seconds. A 500 GB 7200 RPM SATA HDD supplements them for storing larger items. A Nvidia 9800 GT + AMD FX-62 processor + motherboard + case + DVD±RW + PSU were also free from another person, as they had upgraded their system.

This PC cost me £40 for the HDD, and plays Far Cry 2 in ultra high detail.