The Auto-Detailing Thread

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
1587314358166.jpeg

92 Lexus SC 400 First one was 92, when the Speedometer reads 160mph you now you have a Tiger. Show room quality to boot, when I brought it home within 2 months I got 5 offers. Nope, my pride and joy. It was handcrafted by a Japanese Sculptor and didn’t see a wind tunnel.

This is going to be my show car when I’m finished.

kv

Last edited:

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Armor All looks great for a while. The old school trick was wiping it down with transmission fluid. FWIW The speedometer on my 69 Camaro only went up to 135 MPH even when I would peg the needle on the stop far past it.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Anyone know what I can use to "renew" sun-beaten oxidized black plastic?
There are some products used on boats that I think would help. Here's one:
https://www.amazon.com/3M-Cleaner-Conditioner-Protector-8-4-Ounce/dp/B000R4PFFO
I use a different one. My bottle is old and has different graphics but it might be this:
https://www.amazon.com/303-30306-Aerospace-Protectant-Furniture/dp/B000XBCURW

I'll take a look and let you know if it's not. Whatever it is, it's pretty good stuff.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Hey @joeyd999 I seen this commercial and was impressed it works on more than plastic and paint apparently. Watch the Video in the upper right hand corner.

Shine Armor

I’m going to order some tired of buffing, if it’s like Carnauba Wax I’m all for it, anyone have any experience with it?

kv

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
He lost me at "acid rain".
I was impressed with Carnauba Wax when they lit it up with lighter fluid. So, my 92 Ford Pickup has a great paint job, I did have a 72 2 door Big T-Bird, but my all time favorite was my 66 Mustang Midnight Green, for a rear wheel it handled like a dream. If I could own a Shelby I would be in hog heaven.

kv

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
@jpanhalt, your contribution on this topic would be greatly appreciated. I'm tagging you John, because I'm also interested in what the options are for adequately maintaining the interiors of a car.