Textbooks

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
Hi hi hi....so excited I joined this site..already seen someone I 'know' lol and he never told me about this :(

Please I need name of textbook with alot of diode problems "Assume states method". I use fundamentals of electric circuits by charles and matthew but no section on diodes

I have AOE but it's mostly practical, I need this for school work.. I also do practice (made 8 bit cpu from Malvino). Please name of text with alot of theory diode problems. Thanks..I searched on site, still searching

Thanks thanks

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
Hi, thanks..Going through some books you already posted

so far can't find text with diode questions (textbook like) theory stuff..like 50 questions on diodes on end of chapter (you know what I mean I guess)

Anyways thanks, still searching..just for school, to solve alot of thoery problems

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
A better method is to make up your own problems, solve them, and then verify the correctness of the solution.

Just draw effectively random circuits with resistors, diodes, and supplies (plus other components if you want). You control how many components you have so that you can work up the difficulty as you are ready. You will also get to see what kinds of circuits are easy to analyze and which are tough and start figuring out what makes them so.

The next step is to start designing a circuit to achieve specific goals, such as make D1 on, D2 off, and make R3 have 50 mA of current in it by making as few changes to resistor values as you can. First, you might figure out if it can be done at all.

dmowziz

Joined Jan 18, 2019
A better method is to make up your own problems, solve them, and then verify the correctness of the solution.

Just draw effectively random circuits with resistors, diodes, and supplies (plus other components if you want). You control how many components you have so that you can work up the difficulty as you are ready. You will also get to see what kinds of circuits are easy to analyze and which are tough and start figuring out what makes them so.

The next step is to start designing a circuit to achieve specific goals, such as make D1 on, D2 off, and make R3 have 50 mA of current in it by making as few changes to resistor values as you can. First, you might figure out if it can be done at all.
lol..Thanks..I'll do that but my questions might not be so challenging..ANyways, thank you

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
lol..Thanks..I'll do that but my questions might not be so challenging..ANyways, thank you
You'll likely find that the opposite is true and you will make questions that, at least at some point, are more challenging than you bargained for. You'll THINK they are simple, until you try to solve them and discover that it has no solution. Figuring out why that is the case is where you will really learn some things!