Texas Instruments TPS6300x buck boost converter differences

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
I am just after some advice please. I require a Texas Instruments TPS63001DRCR buck boost converter for a project. I am trying to source one locally at a better price and have located a TPS63001DRCT. I have looked at the data sheet for that series of parts but I am at a lose to determine the difference between the two parts. Can anyone please shed some light on the difference/s and tell me how I can approach this problem in the future. Thanks in advance

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Looks like the only difference is the size of the tape reel that holds a few hundred parts for delivery to automated manufacturing machines.
If you have one chip, your good to go. Good on 'ya for checking, though.

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
Looks like the only difference is the size of the tape reel that holds a few hundred parts for delivery to automated manufacturing machines.
If you have one chip, your good to go. Good on 'ya for checking, though.
Thanks sailorjoe.

Can I ask how you determined that from the datasheet, or otherwise how you did so I can work it out next time

Last edited by a moderator:

sailorjoe

Joined Jun 4, 2013
Sure! Datasheet page 20 shows the tape and reel packaging information. The part numbers are listed on the left, and a review of the numbers shows that the only difference is the reel size. Also, I know that many datasheets for ic's have different last letters for their different package types, and that info I'd often near the end of the datasheet. So that's where I went first, suspecting it was a different package. Plus, experience.

pedro147

Joined Jan 1, 2013
Sure! Datasheet page 20 shows the tape and reel packaging information. The part numbers are listed on the left, and a review of the numbers shows that the only difference is the reel size. Also, I know that many datasheets for ic's have different last letters for their different package types, and that info I'd often near the end of the datasheet. So that's where I went first, suspecting it was a different package. Plus, experience.
Thanks again.

See, now you have saved some other poor forum member the pain of a basic newby question in the future :)

It's easy when you know how,

cheers sailorjoe

Last edited by a moderator: