Telecom

new2Eworld

Joined Feb 4, 2007
Hi

Telecom world is all abt signals and communications.This industry promises a worthwhile future,as globalization is the trend.

Anybody willin to comment...................

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Sure - whoever can make it possible to economically possible to use optical fibres instead of wire to route the signals to subscribers is going to be very popular. Think of all that bandwidth coming into your house, with the advantage of no weather degradation or miltiple user slowdowns.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi

Telecom world is all abt signals and communications.This industry promises a worthwhile future,as globalization is the trend.

Anybody willin to comment...................
One of these days in the not too distant future Pakistani engineers will become too expensive to do routine design and development. Factories will close and those engineers will have to become rag pickers and apple sellers. The jobs will migrate to the lowest cost locale. I can't even begin to imagine where that will be.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Two points:

1. Globalisation is here now, hence the field of Telecoms is out of its growth phase, what we are going to see in the future is development of the existing technologies and ideas.

2. To prevent you being flamed, can you please refrain from using "text speak"? Thank you.

Dave

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hey Papabravo,
Iwanted ur opinion abt the Telecom industry nt abt the Pakistani Engrz.

Anywayz thnx 4 replyin
I disagree, there is no worthwhile engineering future in the telecom industry. The comment was about the global telecom industry with respect to opportunities for Pakistani engineers in Pakistan. You could have substituted engineers from any country on Earth and the comment would remain the same. If you are interested in engineering as a career then you need to be very flexible and adaptable because you can expect jobs that are here today to be gone tomorrow.

My comment was in no way intended to disparage Pakistani or any other kind of engineers, but rather was a bitter stab at Bernie Ebbers and his criminal cohorts at World Com. I beleive that there are other market disasters just around the corner and there will be customer and employee blood all over the place. A pox on all their houses.

Check this article
http://news.monstersandcritics.com/..._1261846.php/Alcatel-Lucent_to_cut_12500_jobs