Teachers on the forum, untie!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
816
Kinda like the "SOPT" sign...


Oh yeah...the teaching,it's post secondary . I teach Basic Electronics , a 20 month class. I also teach Industrial Electricity, a 16 month class
or Scool Zone

And the best a billboard saying "If you can't read this sign call 1-800-XXX-XXXX" paid for by the literacy advocates of America.
 

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
4,390
Thanks to 1Chance and WBahn for their dedication to education.

I hope 1Chance continues with the ITV instruction duties as I'm sure the students enjoy her work. Maybe 1Chance can increase her leveraging of technology to include the areas that take the most time, like snail mail. Assessment testing could be done on the web as well as a depository for materials to distribute to the student and receipt of work from the student.

Best of luck to all our teachers, professors, and instructors out there. I salute all of you.
 

1chance

Joined Nov 26, 2011
46
Maybe 1Chance can increase her leveraging of technology to include the areas that take the most time, like snail mail. Assessment testing could be done on the web as well as a depository for materials to distribute to the student and receipt of work from the student.

Thanks for your appreciation of a hard job.

I don't do assessment testing on the web as our sites are not equipped with computer labs in the itv rooms and the students would have to go to a different room at their school. That would entail getting a room monitor which is not feasible. Also, since I teach math, I really prefer to see the student's work as I do issue partial credit (I believe in process, not a magical "answer".) I've tried having students scan their homework to send, but it is very hard to read via that format (mostly done in pencil which does not scan well) and also it entails lots of paper on my end to print out. My old eyes cannot view something like that very well on-line even when I enlarge it. I am not a big fan of the on-line assessments (which we do use for the state EOC's) as unless they are multiple choice questions (which simply does not work for classes such as trig), the software program used to type in answers and graph is not user friendly at all. We spend more time practicing the use of that software then we do reviewing content material for the EOC's! I am not a techno phobe, I use graphing calculators, smart boards, and a smart slate all the time. Sometimes, however, traditional methods still win out.
 
Top