TDA7000 FM Radio project

You do not have an old TDA7000 IC. Instead you have a newer BK1079 FM radio module that scans stations like a newer TDA7088 IC. The module has all the parts on it so the breadboard is not part of the circuit.
Well i didn't mention that i have the old TDA7000...but anyway the BK1079 is the best ..u can make radio with less than 10 components

"Good enough" and "it works very well" are fine for a cheap Chinese radio but it says no detailed spec's that good radios have.
In the video it scanned to noise instead of a station a few times.
Scan few noises is common...even in real commercial radio does that...it's not that it can capture the signal frequency right away..but on breadboard at least it auto scan the channel without varicap

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A cheap radio is missing automatic-gain-control for its RF amplifier transistor so it easily gets overloaded by many strong local stations in a city. Then the stations are smeared all across the dial so the scanning does not work properly.

A cheap radio is missing automatic-gain-control for its RF amplifier transistor so it easily gets overloaded by many strong local stations in a city. Then the stations are smeared all across the dial so the scanning does not work properly.
You would rather spread theories that is not practically proven and tested. Nike says just do it and try the circuit its so easy

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You would rather spread theories that is not practically proven and tested. Nike says just do it and try the circuit its so easy
It is proven and tested that high quality FM radios have all the things that are missing in cheap poor quality radios:
1) RF amplifier with input and output tuning and AGC for excellent sensitivity and freedom from overload.
2) IF amplifier with many tuned circuits for excellent selectivity and lots of gain for good amplitude interference rejection.
3) Tuned FM detector for very low distortion and wide frequency response.
I have a few cheap Chinese FM radios with the TDA7088 scanning IC and their performance is very poor.
I also have some excellent quality FM radios that are designed with all the parts that are needed for excellent performance.

It is proven and tested that high quality FM radios have all the things that are missing in cheap poor quality radios:
1) RF amplifier with input and output tuning and AGC for excellent sensitivity and freedom from overload.
2) IF amplifier with many tuned circuits for excellent selectivity and lots of gain for good amplitude interference rejection.
3) Tuned FM detector for very low distortion and wide frequency response.
I have a few cheap Chinese FM radios with the TDA7088 scanning IC and their performance is very poor.
I also have some excellent quality FM radios that are designed with all the parts that are needed for excellent performance.
Try another and never stop trying until you found the cheap and simplest to do...i read theories not too much i would rather go ahead and do the job until i tested the performance myself...

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
In my first job I worked on the production line of a car radio manufacturer troubleshooting high quality circuits that had a few that did not meet the very high spec's for sensitivity, selectivity and distortion. I learned about the expensive test equipment and how to use it. I was quickly promoted to supervisor then promoted again to engineering where I helped design newer and better car radios. I designed mostly very high quality FM stereo radios. They were all superherterodyne with a tuned input RF amplifier with AGC, a high gain IF amplifier with many tuned LC circuits and a low distortion FM detector. All designs were tested for frequency drift in a hot and cold oven.

Cheap radios are no comparison.