system 32 folder in windows 10

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Hi all, I have seen that DLL files are stored in my system 32 folder in windows 10. I need to add a new one but can't see how to do this. The instructions I have found say to copy the file to the 32 folder. But how do you actually do this? It is not like word pad where you get a flashing symbol as I am getting when I type this in. There is no flashing symbol in the system 32 folder. Also there is no "add new file".

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Last edited:

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
hi den,
I use NotePad++ , its a free Text editor, lots of useful features.

If you have the DLL file, Click then Copy
Navigate to the win System32 folder and Paste

When you have the DLL in system32, you must register the DLL.
Look here for help.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=registering+dll+files+in+windows+10

E

Update:
I guess you know how to use Win Explorer, to do the above tasks.?
You can't paste into the system 32 Eric but I have gotten it there by the 'save as' instruction. I have opted not to use the raspberry pi board as this is only a motherboard and needs much more added to it. I am going to use the vellerman k8055 usb experiment interface board which I have had for years but never used because I didn't know how to program in c++.
Now that I can program in arduino( supposed to be the same as c++) I should be able to program it. At the moment having trouble using the board because of bad instructions. I have emailed vellerman regarding this.
I am going to make a separate post to this forum regarding the problems I am having with the instructions in case somebody on the forum might know what they mean in the instructions.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
hi den,
This zip contains a K8055 DLL, also a Demo program that I coded in VB6 Basic, about 10 years ago.
If you have Microsoft VB6 Runtime files in your PC, you can run the Demo exe.

E
hi Eric, I will give the k8055 board a miss. I have looked at some of the example coding and its just too complicated. Somebody else on this forum said he threw his away. I know the k8055.dll is in the system 32 folder now but some of the examples say they can't find it.
I still have my maximite board and may start using that again. Luckily we have arduino. I see that there are simulation software for arduino although I don't need it. What I would like is Emulation software for my pc. Instead of uploading your sketch to the duo or nano board you could do it all through the ports on your laptop. e.g. you would be reading analog voltages into your laptop and outputting the virtual analog voltages to control devices.
Simulation and Emulation have 2 very different meanings although many people are using them as if they had the same meaning. Emulation is using the real components such as transistors, resistors ics etc. Simulation is not using the actual components but representations of them.
What I would like is emulation software on my pc to emulate the actions of a arduino nano board for example. This would of course need hardware as well as software while a simulation is only using software.
If I did a search for emulation of arduino nano all I am going to get is simulation software because people are using the terms as if they were the same thing.
I don't have the the VB6 runtime files. Would this be virtual basic? The pictorial version of basic? I can give it a go.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
hi Eric, I will give the k8055 board a miss. I have looked at some of the example coding and its just too complicated. Somebody else on this forum said he threw his away. I know the k8055.dll is in the system 32 folder now but some of the examples say they can't find it.
I still have my maximite board and may start using that again. Luckily we have arduino. I see that there are simulation software for arduino although I don't need it. What I would like is Emulation software for my pc. Instead of uploading your sketch to the duo or nano board you could do it all through the ports on your laptop. e.g. you would be reading analog voltages into your laptop and outputting the virtual analog voltages to control devices.
Simulation and Emulation have 2 very different meanings although many people are using them as if they had the same meaning. Emulation is using the real components such as transistors, resistors ics etc. Simulation is not using the actual components but representations of them.
What I would like is emulation software on my pc to emulate the actions of a arduino nano board for example. This would of course need hardware as well as software while a simulation is only using software.
If I did a search for emulation of arduino nano all I am going to get is simulation software because people are using the terms as if they were the same thing.
I don't have the the VB6 runtime files. Would this be virtual basic? The pictorial version of basic? I can give it a go.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi den,
I used Visual Basic 6, the old version, works well on Win 10.

Ref the K8055, it is a 18F2550 which can be re-programmed, so the K8055 PCB will perform functions to suit your Apps.

When I was developing large surveying/logging projects, I would use simple PC's, programmed to emulate pieces of equipment.

The main PC would have the clients program and it would communicate asynchronously with say upto 5 simple PC's programmed to act as the clients peripheral equipment.

for example.
Echo Sounder, Tide Gauge, Wave Height, Weather station etc ...

The main program could then be demonstrated and tested by the client in our workshop before being supplied to the client, it would be debugged and compatible with his installation.

E