Switching an Analog Signal

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Bill B, Mar 17, 2015.

  1. Bill B

    Thread Starter Active Member

    Nov 29, 2009
    Hi all,

    I am working on a way to produce short bursts at specific frequencies with a specific interval between bursts. I used one timer on a 556 dual timer to produce a 1 Hz clock pulse that is triggering a decade counter. When the counter overflows it sends a signal to trigger the second timer which is configured as a one shot to stay high for 8 ms or 17 ms depending on which RC combo I have switched into the circuit. I have that part working like a champ. What is need is some advice on the best way to use these high state intervals to switch a sine wave to an output. I am using a function generator produce the sine wave. I need to switch 150 kHz, 500 kHz, 1.4 MHz, and 30 MHz. Ultimately, this circuit will be used to test the channels on an old CISPR 14-1 discontinuous interference tester.


    Bill B
  2. Papabravo


    Feb 24, 2006
    What you want is called an analog switch. They come in many flavors. Go to a distributor website like Digi-Key to get example part numbers of those parts which are in stock. That should narrow the search pretty quickly.
  3. DickCappels


    Aug 21, 2008