Sweep Generator Output

Motorola1

Joined Sep 1, 2017
Hello,

I was thinking of sometime possibly buying a used sweep generator and was wondering if it is possible to eigther buy or build a device that would take the horizontal and vertical outputs and convert them to a USB connection? I would think this might require a driver also but I do not know .

Any assistance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you, Jim.

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
take the horizontal and vertical outputs and convert them to a USB connection?
I don't see why not. Without knowing exactly what you have in mind or the exact outputs of a sweep generator (Make Model) the same outputs that generally would run to an oscilloscope to be run to an A/D converter. They can be charted, plotted or just about anything you want to do with them. The "Sweep Out" is typically just a sawtooth waveform and some sweep generators offer a DC level out (crystal detector) proportional to output amplitude. Any data acquisition unit would likely work depending on what you want and what the sweep generator will output. Here are a few examples but dozens of manufacturers make the things. Even a starter kid would work. You want a A/D with a USB interface. This would go much better if you had a make and model sweep generator and a link to the manual. Therefore my reply is pretty generic. Lab-Jack Automation is another popular experimenter USB interface. Most of these acquisition units come with software allowing you to record the data. Measurement Computing is another manufacturer. Depends on what you want and what you want to spend.

Ron