superheterodyne wireless transmitter module

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
This transmitter and receiver is listed for sale in Core Electronics. It is actually a separate transmitter and receiver not a transceiver.
I have a programmed atmega 328p which sends a 5v signal to a random phase triac optocoupler every 10ms. The timing of the signal is for phase control of a 240vac mains appliance. At present the coupling is wired.
I want to use the 5v for rf connection to a remote opto. How can I do this with the wireless transmitter? I don't want to have to use a MCU for this to keep the circuit simple. The 5v output has to be replicated at the remote site for phase control of the mains at the remote site.
Another possibility may be to use a 1 channel (single relay) rf connection. The trouble here is the output would be latched to the relay. I would have to pick up the signal before it was latched.
Instead of a relay a transistor connection rf signal would be perfect for this application. If there is a transmitter receiver that provides for this already instead of a relay connection.
A 50 meter range would be plenty.
There are plenty of wireless RF connections to relays commercially available. I have one that remotely turns on appliances in my house. I just need one that can provide a signal every 10ms.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Phase control requires synchronization with the line voltage. Are both transmitter and receiver working with the same power line? If not, the phase control signal will not work.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Phase control requires synchronization with the line voltage. Are both transmitter and receiver working with the same power line? If not, the phase control signal will not work.
Same power line Bob. Wired connection works fine. Looking for RF connection. Synchronization with power line ok. Just need to know how to make RF connection.
Not clued up enough on this subject I guess.

denison

Joined Oct 13, 2018
Same power line Bob. Wired connection works fine. Looking for RF connection.
Hi again, Robert from the core electronics forum is sending me a circuit for the RF connection tomorrow evening. Says its pretty easy. Because it is so important I will post it to this website provided I find it works of course. You would call it a remote RF switch connection not using a relay.