Super Mesh or Node

Fahad khan

Joined Sep 26, 2006
Hi
I want to know what super mesh and super node are and how to analyse a circuit that contains them. Can we deal with them by the usual methods of loop or mesh analysis?
Thank you.

Fahad khan

Joined Sep 26, 2006
Hi
I went through the Millman's theorem but could not find any information about super mesh or node. In fact, the terms hv not been even mentioned in the link prescibed by you.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Hi
I went through the Millman's theorem but could not find any information about super mesh or node. In fact, the terms hv not been even mentioned in the link prescibed by you.
Here is the Millman's material that makes reference to a supernode.

Wikipedia Millman's Theorem with supernode reference

It was this material I was thinking of when I referred to the connection between Millman's Theorem and supernode.

I posted the link to the All About Circuits Tutorial initially as a source of information on Millman's Theorem since it is a better presentation on the subject IMHO.

hgmjr

Fahad khan

Joined Sep 26, 2006
Here is the Millman's material that makes reference to a supernode.

Wikipedia Millman's Theorem with supernode reference

It was this material I was thinking of when I referred to the connection between Millman's Theorem and supernode.

I posted the link to the All About Circuits Tutorial initially as a source of information on Millman's Theorem since it is a better presentation on the subject IMHO.

hgmjr
Sorry I could not find my required infomation in the link posted by you. It only mentions the terms but has no explanation to offer. i would be grateful if you could tell me any other source where i can find information about the same.
Thank you.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Hi
I want to know what super mesh and super node are and how to analyse a circuit that contains them. Can we deal with them by the usual methods of loop or mesh analysis?
Thank you.
You may find this link helpful. It shows the workings of KVL and KCL on a simple circuit analysis problem. The initial references to supernodes starts on page 9.

Dave

Fahad khan

Joined Sep 26, 2006
You may find this link helpful. It shows the workings of KVL and KCL on a simple circuit analysis problem. The initial references to supernodes starts on page 9.

Dave
The link posted by you gave me immense help in understanding the concept of super node.It is really very useful.
Thank you very much indeed.