Super capacitor charging and discharging automatically

ismaila

Joined Nov 28, 2014
I have 5.2 V rated solar panel and I'm charging 5.5V 1F super cap. with it. I will connect a red LED to super capacitor after it voltage reach 3V. I need to disconnect the solar panel and connect the LED manually for doing this. Is there any consideration for doing this automatically with no any energy requirement? Think there is a gate at 3V and closes automatically while another gate is opening.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC

What are yo u gonna do ? Tell the gate when to open and close ?

To move things you need energy.

To open and close an electronic gate, you need power. Voltage and Current.

What is the power rating of the Panel ?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Welcome to AAC.
What happens once the LED starts discharging the cap? Should the solar panel reconnect (and the LED disconnect) at some point?

ismaila

Joined Nov 28, 2014
Solar panel rated 5.2 V max. 150 mAh current. Ok I need energy but can it come from super capacitor itself?

ismaila

Joined Nov 28, 2014
Welcome to AAC.
What happens once the LED starts discharging the cap? Should the solar panel reconnect (and the LED disconnect) at some point?
The situation is open to all possibilities. I want LED stay lighting until capacitor discharges under 2V for example. My aim is that, charging a capacitor for a while, when it accumulated some power, discharge it and run a load that consumes 20 mA in 3V. After it discharges do it again.