suitable opamp for very low signal amplifications

ak52

Joined Oct 15, 2014
Hey guys,apologies for such a late reply,got caught up at work.
Sounds like homework, so should have been posted in the Homework Forum?
No its no home work :), i am trying to make an intelligent solar charge + inverter with commonly available components so that the budget doesn't go out of hand.
hi ak52,
This circuit is one option.
E
Yes i made a similar circuit and i also added two diodes at the opamp output as additional protection.

As i said earlier i plan to power my circuit using a LM7805 5 v regulator.Looking at my 12v battery specs i saw that its a 150AH battery.If i directly connect the LM7805 to the battery,is there a possibility that the sudden in-rush current burn my 7805?If that is the case can you please suggest me an alternate power circuit.

Thanks in advance
Arun

ak52

Joined Oct 15, 2014
hi ak52,
Why do you think a 150Ahr battery will supply a higher inrush current than say a 6AHr battery.?
E
Hello Eric,
Ideally it shouldn't make a difference,if use a 150 AH or 6AH battery,but just to confirm that the battery is working,i had an old 12v dc fan which i connected to the battery,the first trial it ran smoothly ,but in the second trial it burnt the built in potentiometer in the fan.That's why i had a doubt on the inrush current.Could be just because its an old fan,but i posted here to be sure.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi ak52,
This is question which often asked 'If I use a higher AHr battery to drive my equipment will it cause damage'.?
The answer is no, the equipment will only draw its normal current, whatever the AHr rating.

E