Submission: 555 PWM Oscillator

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
He uses MS Paint. Personally I think he's crazy, I can't stand the program, but it works for him.

Quick question, would this work well for varying the speed of a computer fan? It works with motors, so I'm guessing yes, but I'm just checking to be safe.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Maybe, I don't know. You would have to try it on a computer fan and see. Most of them have an internal RC oscillator, so maybe not.

I don't just use Paint, I use a set of templates I call PaintCAD. You can download them from my blog.

Bill's Index

Introduction and PaintCAD

Anytime I come up with something new in artwork I update my PaintCAD files. It is about due a new update.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Maybe, I don't know. You would have to try it on a computer fan and see. Most of them have an internal RC oscillator, so maybe not.
I found when modifying my PSU that some have a capacitor, and if you short it out it will work on straight DC. Some work on straight DC in, but as you said, they might have a RC in them...
I'll mess with it when I get there, currently I'm repairing PSU's. Then comes building a rack for them. Then comes meters and switches. Then comes cooling and enclosing it. Then comes building a deuterium fusor...

But let's take this one step at a time...

Dcrunkilton

Joined Jul 31, 2004
This looks complete. I have entered this work into my local copy of the Experiments volume. I will upload to ibiblio.org with a couple of weeks. If anyone needs that done sooner, let me know.