stm32g0xx part no SWV support?

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
Hi team

I think I know the answer for this, but I guess I just want to confirm (I am new to Arm and stm32). I don't see any SWV/SWO support in stm32g0xxx parts, but I know it's part of the Arm CoreSight debug thingy.

So no SWV/SWO support on stm32g0xxx parts?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I don't know what is SWV/SWO. I had to look it up. It looks like it is specific to Keil.

I know that once you become familiar with a certain toolset it is difficult to switch. For me, I prefer using IAR. Debug on IAR is great in my experience.

However STM32CubeIDE is out there and the best part is, it is free.

bug13

Joined Feb 13, 2012
I don't know what is SWV/SWO. I had to look it up. It looks like it is specific to Keil.

I know that once you become familiar with a certain toolset it is difficult to switch. For me, I prefer using IAR. Debug on IAR is great in my experience.

However STM32CubeIDE is out there and the best part is, it is free.
Yes, agree.
I am weighting between Keil (which I quite like) and CubeIDE. But I think I will stick with CubeIDE because it's free.

I am still banging my head and reading those few thousands pages of datasheet/reference manual/HAL manual, so I am not sure. But as far as I can understand (so far), it's like a UART with TX only with special framing format designed by ARM. It has little or no cost in term of CPU cycle.