STM32 - USB HS device with DMA and Isonchronous Transmission to stm32

piorkov

Joined Aug 17, 2021
Hi

As part of my thesis, trying to get as much data transfer from PC to STM32 as possible. As I am going to transfer a video stream, isonchronous transmission seems to be a good choice, but I don't know how to do it properly.

I use STM32H743 microcontroller with USB3300 as external PHY.
What I have done so far is to rewrite the USBD_CDC library to use endpoint out as isoc instead of bulk.
I changed in the endpoint descriptor as follows:
Code:
bmAttributes = 0x1
wMaxPacketSize = 0x400
bInterval = 0x1
In addition, in the USBD_LL_OpenEP function, I changed the endpoint type and the packet size similarly to the descriptor.

I'm testing this with pyusb, sending a 1024byte packet 1000 times and it's works bad.
On STM32 I can see incoming packets, but only 20% are arriving

I don't know if this is working as it should. From what I observe, after each packet comes an interrupt USB_OTG_GINTSTS_OEPINT,
in which I have to move the pointer for DMA anyway (by calling USBD_LL_PrepareReceive with recive_buff + new offset)
- that's not how DMA should work, is it?

Additionally I keep getting (I don't know how often but probably every few ms) USB_OTG_GINTSTS_PXFR_INCOMPISOOUT interrupts which I don't know what to do with.

I can see that my previous approach is wrong. How to do it properly? Do you know any cool examples?
I need all your advice.