Stepper motor

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021
have a question about the stepper motor.

My stepper motor (1.8 ° per step) has a torque of 3 Nm, current / phase is 3A, the maximum speed that this motor can reach is 3000 rpm. It is a 200 steps / revolution motor.

My problem is as follows: I want my motor to do 7.02 ° in direction 1 and 7.02 ° in reverse for one second. The question arises is what can my motor do acceleration, rated speed and deceleration in 4 steps for sense 1 and 4 steps for sense 2 and all this for 1s ?????????????????

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My problem is as follows: I want my motor to do 7.02 ° in direction 1 and 7.02 ° in reverse for one second
If your stepper does 1.8 degrees per step, you can’t move 7.02 degrees. That isn’t an integer multiple of 1.8. The closest you can get is 7.2 degrees.

What are you using to drive the stepper motor? Your answer is needed to determine how you’ll implement the acceleration you desire. In four steps, you’re not going to get to 3000 RPM.

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021
I have a question about the stepper motor.

My stepper motor MT-2306HS300AW (1.8 ° per step) has a torque of 3 Nm, current / phase is 3A, the maximum speed that this motor can reach is 3000 rpm. It is a 200 steps / revolution motor.

My problem is as follows: I want my motor to do 7.2 ° in direction 1 and 7.2 ° in reverse for one second. The question arises is what can my motor do acceleration, rated speed and deceleration in 4 steps for sense 1 and 4 steps for sense 2 and all this for 1s ?????????????????

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021
If your stepper does 1.8 degrees per step, you can’t move 7.02 degrees. That isn’t an integer multiple of 1.8. The closest you can get is 7.2 degrees.

What are you using to drive the stepper motor? Your answer is needed to determine how you’ll implement the acceleration you desire. In four steps, you’re not going to get to 3000 RPM.
yes your're absolutly right I need 7.2° so 4 steps but all what I have like sprecifications is : that the driver (24v or 48v ) that is why I need to know the maximum power ;

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Stepper Motors CANNOT accelerate to high speed in a short amount of time. You must also avoid certain speeds where resonance will occur. There is a mechanical resonance and an electrical resonance. At either of those resonances the motor will effectively have ZERO torque and it will sit there and hum or whine. The safest strategy is to use a trapezoidal velocity profile.

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021
Stepper Motors CANNOT accelerate to high speed in a short amount of time. You must also avoid certain speeds where resonance will occur. There is a mechanical resonance and an electrical resonance. At either of those resonances the motor will effectively have ZERO torque and it will sit there and hum or whine. The safest strategy is to use a trapezoidal velocity profile.
Thank u so much but I need help for finding the maximum power

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
When you say "find" the maximum power, what exactly are you talking about? Is it the electrical power consumed by the motor and control electronics or is it the mechanical power delivered by the motor running at a particular speed.

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021
When you say "find" the maximum power, what exactly are you talking about? Is it the electrical power consumed by the motor and control electronics or is it the mechanical power delivered by the motor running at a particular speed.
I MEAN ELECTRICAL POWER

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021

thank you ,
yes you're right I need 7.2° , and I will use driver (24v or 48v)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I MEAN ELECTRICAL POWER
The easiest way would be to measure it. There is no simple formula that will allow you to calculate it. Assuming your motor has four phases you would need to integrate four complex waveforms to get the average power. Depending on the the control program you will have either two phases active or you will alternate between one phase active and two phases active. Then depending on the speed of the rotor the amount of power will fluctuate at different rates. I never had the patience to do the calculation and the computers we had available at the time were primitive.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
For one, a stepper motor should be driven at Exactly the plate rated current, in order to maintain this as the inductive reactance increases with RPM, the typical drive uses a higher voltage P.Supply and PWM . in order to maintain the correct current as this inductive reactance increases.

dxft

Joined Apr 7, 2021
For one, a stepper motor should be driven at Exactly the plate rated current, in order to maintain this as the inductive reactance increases with RPM, the typical drive uses a higher voltage P.Supply and PWM . in order to maintain the correct current as this inductive reactance increases.
Thank u for your answer