Stealth Fighter - Made in China. :)

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Which were all stolen from Nazi designs. That was one of the perks of winning WWII. The US/Uk took half the resources and Russia took half the resources. So half the prototype german jets ended up in Russia, half ended up in the US/Uk, along with their scientists.
I think he was referring to the jet turbine engine developed in England. It was not a German design.

John

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
I think there is a real danger in complacency myself. The Chinese are thinking long term. I truely don't want to learn Mandarin.
I think China is building up quite big.

Their economy is growing, expanding abroad.

They claim to have the "know-how" and the capability to shoot down satellites.

They have stealth planes.

And they are controlling the population with an iron fist.

Starting to learn Mandarin might not be a bad idea, at least not their culture, so if they come, (lets hope they don't!), we know a little bit about them. :rolleyes:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I'm just not impressed with the best of totally Chinese management and production products. Their current internal production model is just not geared for quality. Even in something as basic as precision ball bearings I will not spec anything made in China by a Chinese company to be installed in a production machine. Even simple cooling fans have premature failures. They seem to be in a mass frenzy building bubble that's impossible to sustain in the current world economy.

Can they copy and build a fighter, sure. Will it be 80% of ours, sure. Will it still be flying after the first engagement with our best, let hope we never find out.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Don't fool yourself. You have good mnf's and bad mnf's in china. China can produce just as good of stuff as anyone else if they put the cost in. You also have some serious talent and a gov with almost complete control. Then figure a huge population and ability to fight a modern war. China is very scary. Our best hope is education and thats failing at a miserable rate. Kids coming out of school today are like JR high kids when I was in school and thats just 15 years of decline. There having a large percent of kids graduating HS that can barely read and can't even email. I have 2 sisters that are teachers and my god you should hear the stuff these kids do today and how their raised.
If they "put the cost in" they couldn't compete. This saber rattling sounds like both sides "military industrial complexes" see reduced funding in the future and need to make some noise to get more money.

Yes, our general education system is a mess in a lot of places but like you said, some of it is the parents fault for not kicking some butt and making them study.

But as someone said long ago:
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.Mark Twain