Steady-state measurement

caskscob

Joined Aug 17, 2017
Help! Need assistance from someone.

I have a 3 phase power transformer & rectifier that is used on helicopters. The manual dictates that I measure the "Steady-state tolerance" and it then states that the "voltage drop between IN/10 and IN (nominal voltage) shall not exceed 1.6v". That is all it says.

This unit is powered by 200VAC 3 phase 400Hz and the output is 28vdc @ 150A under full load. There is no other description of this measurement in the maintenance manual. Obviously IN/10-IN is never going to equal less than 1.6 so there is something I am missing here.

If someone understands the goal of this and what/how this should be measured I would greatly appreciate some explanation.

Thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I assume it is referencing the input voltage. There's no diagram, explanation, or anything.
Then what is "IN" referencing?

I would imagine that these are defined somewhere. If not in that particular manual, then in some other manual. You might try contacting the manufacturer.

caskscob

Joined Aug 17, 2017
Here https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/HW4P4/p8ebe/p8ebe_voltageandfrequencylimits.htm is an example of "steady state tolerance.

Does it have anything to do with lead voltage drop or say when other measurements are preformed, the input voltage must not vary more than 1.6 V. e.g. regulation
Good observation however this unit is not a regulator, only a rectifier and testing regulation of the input voltage would be testing the regulation of the power source, not the unit itself correct?