Steady hand game...school project....help!

Bsanders83

Joined Sep 24, 2018
Hi,

I've just created a circuit board from a seemingly successful test on CAD. Used an acid bath to create the tracks.

I've soldered all components in, but absolutely nothing.....we have no 9v battery so having to use 4aa's....if that makes a diff.

Just wondering if any of you kind people could have a gander at the photos to see if there is anything wrong!? I'll have a class of happy students if you can!

Cheers

Ben

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
The first possible problem that occurs to me is the buzzer. There are two kinds of buzzer. One kind you just connect power to and it buzzes - that's the kind you need for this circuit. The other kind you need to feed with a 3kHz-ish signal to make it work and your circuit can't do that.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I've soldered all components in, but absolutely nothing.....we have no 9v battery so having to use 4aa's....if that makes a diff.
Can't tell without a schematic. If the black thing on the long wires is a buzzer, what voltage does it require to operate? Four AA batteries in series will only give you 6V.

You need to put a block of wood under the PCB while you're drilling the holes to prevent chipping.

Bsanders83

Joined Sep 24, 2018
Hi, I don't have a schematic diagram as I just did it with the root of the tracks.....very new to systems and control! I've added the buzzer below to the circuit but still no joy.

Could the thyristor be the wrong way round or it just needing a 9v battery?42259034.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Hi, I don't have a schematic diagram as I just did it with the root of the tracks.....very new to systems and control! I've added the buzzer below to the circuit but still no joy.

Could the thyristor be the wrong way round or it just needing a 9v battery?View attachment 160453
We can't tell from the pictures. The three terminal device can't be identified.

Why can't you draw a schematic for what you built?

Seems to me that etching a board was unnecessary. The circuit is simple enough to just use point to point wiring on perf board.