State Machine Breadboard Build

normopark

Joined Sep 8, 2022
Hey Guys,

I was needing some help to build a state machine to cycle through 8 different states. I was wondering how you could make it so you could use LEDs on a breadboard to show it is cycling through the different states.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!
I was needing some help to build a state machine to cycle through 8 different states.
As this is homework, you need to show your best efforts before we can offer any suggestions.

It would be helpful if you posted the entire text of the problem so we can understand any constraints that have been placed on the solution space.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hey Guys,

I was needing some help to build a state machine to cycle through 8 different states. I was wondering how you could make it so you could use LEDs on a breadboard to show it is cycling through the different states.
You should be able to at least take a shot at describing some of the ways that you might go about doing this. They don't have to be complete or correct, but YOU need to be the driving force and most of the work in solving YOUR homework problem.

Put yourself in the grader's position. What would you like to see when you look at someone else's breadboard that would immediately scream out to you that this person has almost certainly been successful at completing the assignment? There's no single, correct answer as there is more than one reasonable way to accomplish this.

As mentioned by others, it will really help us to help you if you post what the actual assignment is so that we are chasing you down a rabbit hole because you've left out or misinterpreted some piece of information.