Starting an ATX power supply with piezo sw

spondootre

Joined Sep 21, 2006
Hi,

I'm working on a small project which is nearly completed, I have 100 white LEDs and 100 colour change LEDs wired to a modified ATX power supply. I was going to switch this supply on using a normal throw switch to connect the pwon/pwgrnd (green/grey) wires but I have found a switch that I would like to use instead on the RS website here :

www.rswww.com
then enter :
665-641
as the part number to search for.

It is a piezo actuated pushbutton switch which is momentary. Does anyone have a simple circuit I can use with this switch to turn the PSU on and off ?

regards
Malc

spondootre

Joined Sep 21, 2006
OK i've now maybe decided to scrap that idea but am wondering about using this :

http://documents.rs-components.com/...DOCBASE=techlib&DMW_OBJECTID=0900766b801e5ba7

how can I wire the PSU to use this switch? The powersupply starting voltage is 5v when connected to any ground wire it starts up. Would I connect the +5vPSU to + on the switch, and the same wire to OUT on the switch then groundPSU to 0v on the switch ?? I can't get my head around it.......

spondootre

Joined Sep 21, 2006
I'm wondering if there is a timer circuit that I can use with these switches, if I use the pulse capacitor switch could I use this with a timer that switches the PSU on for say 10 mins? Can anyone come up with a citcuit I can use for this?

any help is greatly appreciated.