SPST switch in ic package for home automation lighting control

cpyandy

Joined Apr 29, 2020
Starting with some background of my question:
I am trying to design a pcb for my home automation lighting control, I know there are plenty of tutorials and products out there but there just isn't one that suits my expectation. I need the home lighting control to be able to switch between "Auto" and "Manual" mode, in auto mode the whole system will be controlled by Arduino (hardware interface) + Nodered + HA, and in manual, I just want 12vdc from my light switch wired straight to the coil of the relay.
With my past industrial electrical design experience, I have worked out the whole circuitry, but it requires a bunch of marshaling terminals, selector switches and wiring. So my question for this thread is that, I want to take most the wirings to PCB level:

Is there an ic package which that contains a bunch of spst switches integrated (8 or 16). No amplifying is required, just act like a simple spst toggle switch. With each switch it should be capable of handle load up to 120mA (max possible coil load) 12vdc, and the switch also need to be able to pass through volt-free signals (switching arduino inputs). Only one single switching signal is required, ie. a signal to switch ALL (8 or 16) spst switches ON / OFF, because they are all either in Auto or Manual mode. It would be nice to have common control signal 12vdc but not essential, perhaps there is a workaround to convert my external panel mount switch signal to logic level in the ic design.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I've seen DIP switches with up to 12 positions (SPST), but I doubt they'll handle 120mA.

A diagram of what you're trying to switch would be helpful.

From Jameco catalog:
clipimage.jpg

cpyandy

Joined Apr 29, 2020
I've seen DIP switches with up to 12 positions (SPST), but I doubt they'll handle 120mA.

A diagram of what you're trying to switch would be helpful.

From Jameco catalog:
View attachment 207893
I wouldn't use dip switches coz it would be too hard for other people to get all the switches in the right position.
An ic with bunch of simple switches that can be all switched same time with some electrical signal would serve the purpose.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I wouldn't use dip switches coz it would be too hard for other people to get all the switches in the right position.
That's nonsense. I have several EPROM programmers that use 12 position switches and I've never had that issue.
An ic with bunch of simple switches that can be all switched same time with some electrical signal would serve the purpose.
You're not going to find such a thing.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I would go with the Sonoff devices myself.
https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-wifi-wireless-switch.html
They are very hackable, and have many web sites telling you how.
These, and their related gizmos are very cheap and work well.
You say you want to build your own, and that is not a bad thing. But I doubt you could beet these.
Also, this guy has extensive instructional videos. Look through them for ideas if nothing else.

https://www.superhouse.tv/