speech or image recognition

flowfun

Joined Dec 22, 2004
im working on a project and to start first i have to choose which one of these i would use in my project:

DFT: Descret Fourier Transform
DCT: Descret Cosine Transform
Walsh transformation
Hadamard Transformation
Wavelet transform

now from what i understand wavelet is concernecd with time AND frequency but the rest only are concerned with frequency.

in my project im suppoed to work on "speech or image recognition". which do u think is better to learn and work on?

i think wavelet is the most difficult one. is it worthed to take the time and learn it or it wouldnt make much of a difference even if i choose another ones?which one of these transformations are better to work on? easiest/ hardest?

tell me whatever you think. i'd appriciate it :)

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by flowfun@Apr 6 2006, 10:18 AM
im working on a project and to start first i have to choose which one of these i would use in my project:

DFT: Descret Fourier Transform
DCT: Descret Cosine Transform
Walsh transformation
Hadamard Transformation
Wavelet transform

now from what i understand wavelet is concernecd with time AND frequency but the rest only are concerned with frequency.

in my project im suppoed to work on "speech or image recognition". which do u think is better to learn and work on?

i think wavelet is the most difficult one. is it worthed to take the time and learn it or it wouldnt make much of a difference even if i choose another ones?which one of these transformations are better to work on? easiest/ hardest?

tell me whatever you think. i'd appriciate it :)
[post=15899]Quoted post[/post]​
Why not do them all? Then you can tell us the strengths and weaknesses of each. I look forward to your report with breathless anticipation.

flowfun

Joined Dec 22, 2004
ya well if i had the time i wouldve done the same thing and im sure my teacher wouldve been so happy and exited about me being soo active, but i cant. i only have to choose one of them and work on one of these transformations only. more cause of the time limit.

so which one is better to work with?