Speaker Wire Connecting Problem

Naseeb Dangi

Joined Apr 7, 2016
I had a speaker with headphone jack and usb cable. Suddenly it sound weird so i tried o repair it myself. SO i cut down all wires and now i m confused which wire to connect with which. Okay, I have following things:

first speaker with white and green wire
another speaker with red and black wire
usb cable with black and red wire
headphone jack with blue, green and white wire.

please say me that which wire to connect with which wire.

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Wire insulation color is not sufficiently standardized to comply with your request. More detailed information regarding interconnections and signals present would be required. Additionally, your USB connector should have four or five wires unless it's being used in a nonstandard way.

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to believe that cutting everything apart would be a good diagnostic or repair technique?

Naseeb Dangi

Joined Apr 7, 2016
I thought i will cut all wires and find some defect in wire

Wire insulation color is not sufficiently standardized to comply with your request. More detailed information regarding interconnections and signals present would be required. Additionally, your USB connector should have four or five wires unless it's being used in a nonstandard way.

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to believe that cutting everything apart would be a good diagnostic or repair technique?
I will post picture

How to Provide U details. Can u guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Are those computer speakers? If so, that gives me reason to think that maybe the red and black wires are providing power while the white and green may be Left and Right speaker leads that may be common to ground (the black wire). HOWEVER: Don't accept my comments as the "Right" solution to the problem. We haven't seen inside the speakers, we don't know that they require power or anything else you haven't explained to us.

Without knowing more it's difficult for us to help.

Naseeb Dangi

Joined Apr 7, 2016
Are those computer speakers? If so, that gives me reason to think that maybe the red and black wires are providing power while the white and green may be Left and Right speaker leads that may be common to ground (the black wire). HOWEVER: Don't accept my comments as the "Right" solution to the problem. We haven't seen inside the speakers, we don't know that they require power or anything else you haven't explained to us.

Without knowing more it's difficult for us to help.
Yeh they are computer speaker and usb used to give power to speaker. So now can u give me the color combination of whiuch wire with which. Because i dont have any materials.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
So now can u give me the color combination of whiuch wire with which. Because i dont have any materials.
No, I can not do anything but guess. If I had those speakers and wanted to continue working on them, I would open them up so that I could see where the various colored wires go. I cannot recommend that to you, because you may damage them further trying to open them. But that's what I would do.