Source of wire with clear insulation

Llamarama

Joined Feb 1, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm making up up a set of fairy lights and I'd quite like to use wire with clear insulation.

My grandmother used to have a set from the 70s with a transparent lime green cable that I likes, and I have a set with clear insulation, but I was hoping to find a source for this wire for this and future projects. I think that standard 7/0.2 or 26 AWG would be about right for the voltages and currents involved (Say 36v at about 40mA)

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Many thanks, Mike.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm making up up a set of fairy lights and I'd quite like to use wire with clear insulation.

My grandmother used to have a set from the 70s with a transparent lime green cable that I likes, and I have a set with clear insulation, but I was hoping to find a source for this wire for this and future projects. I think that standard 7/0.2 or 26 AWG would be about right for the voltages and currents involved (Say 36v at about 40mA)

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Many thanks, Mike.

Look up some speaker wire. All types available. Usually avaailable in 12 to 20 gauge. Check walmart and Home Depot/Lowes. I have about 30 feet of 18 gauge sitting here. Bought it about 5 years ago.