Source needed for a "CRV3 Battery Holder".

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Searching on line and not coming up with a holder for the CRV3 battery. See plenty of chargers but that's not what I am looking for.

Scale from 1 to 10
Urgency? 2
Purpose? Unspecified.

I have several of these batteries and no holder to put them to use. They're for a camera I no longer use. Why not find a use for the batteries?

They are 3V 2A batteries from Rayovac with an expiration date of 2022. So either I find a use for them or they go to waste. These are NOT rechargeable.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The positive and negative terminals are on the same side. I would have to grind out the center spine and move both spring loaded contacts to the same side. Then they just are slightly too big.

I've taken an old battery apart. Turns out the battery has two lithium cells mounted in parallel. The negative terminal is presented with an insulator between it and the positive top of one of the two batteries. Tearing them down makes them approximately the same size as a AA battery. Just tore a second battery apart. The three cells combined in series presented 9.75VDC. Since the battery is a 2A rated battery consisting of two parallel cells I'll somewhat safely assume that the 9.75VDC is going to be at 1A. Somewhere in my stockpile I have a 4 battery AA holder. Combined they should equal 13 volts. If I can find a holder for these batteries (the CRV3 battery) I wouldn't need to tear them apart.