Source for Replacement DMM Display

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
I have a Blue Point EEDM503A DMM built for Snap-on Tools that was given to me. As you can see, it has a busted LCD display. The display is repairable, so I would like to get a new display. Would anyone know of a source for a display for one of these?

METER.jpg

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
I have a Blue Point EEDM503A DMM built for Snap-on Tools that was given to me. As you can see, it has a busted LCD display. The display is repairable, so I would like to get a new display. Would anyone know of a source for a display for one of these?

View attachment 99001
The parts for those are not readily available on eBay as OEM replacements or knockoffs (like a fluke, for example). You may want to look for one listed on eBay "parts only" and scoop if for the display.

If you do find one, you may need the foam zebra connectors as well. The conductive stripes get compressed/crushed and may not align well for re-use.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
The parts for those are not readily available on eBay as OEM replacements or knockoffs (like a fluke, for example). You may want to look for one listed on eBay "parts only" and scoop if for the display.

If you do find one, you may need the foam zebra connectors as well. The conductive stripes get compressed/crushed and may not align well for re-use.
I already did that for the OP. The cheapest one out there is $50.

My guess it is not worth fixing because with damage like that, there is no telling what else is wrong.

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
My guess it is not worth fixing because with damage like that, there is no telling what else is wrong.
It does work okay. Before the liquid move out of the display, you could measure things and get a partial display. Even now you can see parts of a few digits.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
It does work okay. Before the liquid move out of the display, you could measure things and get a partial display. Even now you can see parts of a few digits.
Then it likely works. Open it up and look for a part number on the display. You might be lucky and have a hit on eBay or amazon with the specific part number for the display if they are a generic item. We just are not getting any hits searching on the dmm make and model number.