Sony PS4 slim PSU ADP-160ER I need help identifying capacitors C18 and C19

supravit2000

Joined Nov 5, 2023
Hi, guys!

Does anybody know the value of these capacitors on Sony PS4 slim PSU ADP-160ER AAA: C18 and C19. I've circled them in the image (they are missing in the photo.)

One of the 2 mosfets was blown (they are right next to the caps and removed in the photo, Q4 was burnt), so I replaced it and transferred C18 and C19 caps from a known working PSU (aftermarket replica) and the problem was fixed, 12V output and all good.

A user from a tech forum said that these caps C18 and C19 act as filters, so there really is no difference which ones I solder back on. So I've replaced them with some random caps with the same package from factor from a HDD mainboard. Now I did that, turning on the known good supply caused the exact same mosfet to burn.... I am not sure which other components might be damaged, too. There was a pop and the 12V line is not working... So - I would greatly appreciate it if somebody has the values of C18 and C19 so that I can get my test PSU working again :/ Thanks!!!

Attachments

supravit2000

Joined Nov 5, 2023
Thanks so much for reaching out, mate!! The thing is - I am a total noob at the science behind electronics. All I do is watch videos and desolder/solder components, sometimes it does work. I've tried to find out the caps' values on couple of other forums, but apart from ruining the working replica PSU, no advance has been made, that's why I posted my situation here. I also have that schematic but under C18 and C19 - nothing is written. So I can't quite figure out the values, since I haven't got the knowledge... Are these caps the same as C114, given here 1500uF/16V or maybe C115 - 470uF/25V? Because, to me - if channging C18 caused the mosfet to burn (it's pins are shorted now) like in the original PSU (which is now fixed and in the console, thanks to the donor caps from my aftermarket replica and a spare mosfet) that definitely means that component is not just any but has to have a specific role on the line. Thanks again!

Attachments