Sony CMT CP101 repair

funkystuu

Joined Feb 1, 2005
I got this rather poor excuse for a stereo from my insurance company after my previous one got stolen, Ive had it for a few years.

Recently the unit has gone very quiet, sound quality seems fine but even turned up to full volume it is lacking most of the power it once had. The fault was intermittent for a while but now seems to be permenant. Any suggestions on what this might be caused by and wether it is worth trying to fix?

Many thanks Stuart.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Sounds like Sony still believes in small heat sinks on the output transistors. The output may be blown, and what you're hearing is the driver stages. If you have a meter, look at the output transistors and see if the B-E and B-C junctions are still there. In any case, it may not be worth fixing.

Jacob

Joined Mar 20, 2005
Originally posted by funkystuu@Feb 1 2005, 04:52 PM
I got this rather poor excuse for a stereo from my insurance company after my previous one got stolen, Ive had it for a few years.

Recently the unit has gone very quiet, sound quality seems fine but even turned up to full volume it is lacking most of the power it once had. The fault was intermittent for a while but now seems to be permenant. Any suggestions on what this might be caused by and wether it is worth trying to fix?

Many thanks Stuart.
[post=4962]Quoted post[/post]​
Hi there...

I've got the exact same problem with my Sony cmt-cp101...

So I was just wondering if you had found a solution or answer to the problem...

Is the output blown...!?