Sony B-board IC Identification

dreamsofhabit

Joined Sep 11, 2020
So, I have been working on a board for a friend and have narrowed down the problem to 1 IC (so far). Information is as follows:
Appears to be a QFN-16 IC (99% sure) - Measurements 3.16mm X 3.16mm - Markings:
D9B (The B could be an 8)
BH

The repair guide from Sony describes this as IC9009 which is a DDCON for this board. I am assuming that it is a buck converter. I have searched online for quite some time now to no effect. Most SMD code guides don't have any QFN packages or are very limited. Ideally, if someone could help me find the manufacturer, I could probably do the rest of the legwork. I have found similar products available on mouser, but without a data sheet for the OG part, I have nothing to compare it to. I tried google, various marking sites, and even google images (tried search with 8 instead of B as well).
I have attached the affected board diagram and sample pic of a qfn-16 for reference.

Attachments

dreamsofhabit

Joined Sep 11, 2020
More updates: After more time on the site, and a lot more research, I have (mostly) solved this. D9B302 is a part number for Rohm, It doesn't exist on the site or the interwebs because the BH at the end indicates that it is a custom part. Typically, this would be a lot number, but those are only numerical. If the end of Rohm part is Alphabetic, then it is a custom part. (ref: https://fscdn.rohm.com/en/products/databook/explanation/ic/common/common/outline_pack_info-e.pdf)

I have reached out to customer support for more information. Consider this one (again, mostly) solved. I will likely update this thread if I get more info just in case anyone ever needs similar help in the future.

nnico74

Joined Oct 13, 2020
So, I have been working on a board for a friend and have narrowed down the problem to 1 IC (so far). Information is as follows:
Appears to be a QFN-16 IC (99% sure) - Measurements 3.16mm X 3.16mm - Markings:
D9B (The B could be an 8)
BH

The repair guide from Sony describes this as IC9009 which is a DDCON for this board. I am assuming that it is a buck converter. I have searched online for quite some time now to no effect. Most SMD code guides don't have any QFN packages or are very limited. Ideally, if someone could help me find the manufacturer, I could probably do the rest of the legwork. I have found similar products available on mouser, but without a data sheet for the OG part, I have nothing to compare it to. I tried google, various marking sites, and even google images (tried search with 8 instead of B as well).
I have attached the affected board diagram and sample pic of a qfn-16 for reference.

Attachments