Sony AM Loop antenna specs and remote control

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
I acquired and rebuilt a Sony STR-DE345 Receiver. It's now nice and clean, and works well, except... I don't have an AM loop for it. I've only got about $30 into it, and hate to have to spend another $15 for an AM loop - would prefer to just wind my own. But how much inductance do I need?

Also, it is missing the Remote Control. The Remote for this is unavailable or *way* too expensive. Anyone have experience using a universal remote on a Sony receiver?

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I acquired and rebuilt a Sony STR-DE345 Receiver. It's now nice and clean, and works well, except... I don't have an AM loop for it. I've only got about $30 into it, and hate to have to spend another $15 for an AM loop - would prefer to just wind my own. But how much inductance do I need?

Also, it is missing the Remote Control. The Remote for this is unavailable or *way* too expensive. Anyone have experience using a universal remote on a Sony receiver?
On the latter issue, check the database of remotes at Logitech. They make those smart, programmable remotes. I had good luck controlling a Sony TV with a universal remote but a receiver could be trickier.