Someone working with Realizer programming from Actum Solution ?? Need help for PWM

ph_elec

Joined Sep 24, 2016
Hi.
Are the any out there working with graphic Realizer programming ??
I need help for creating a 10 bit PWM for STM8S103K processor.
Hope for some help

First thought is to create a 10-bit free running counter. Compare counter value to some adjustable 10-bit number. From the image you provided, you seem to have access to basic digital logic and elements like flip-flops.

Is your question more how to develop the logic or how to use the software?

I have never seen the Actum interface before. It does look interesting though.

ph_elec

Joined Sep 24, 2016
Seriously ? :eek:
I got to try that .

Does it work with PIC's?
Yes it does. I have made program last 20 year with PIC. Looke at Actum.com under Realizer. As I remember, it is possibel to download fylly working version, but max. 15 symbols. Then Yuu can test :)

ph_elec

Joined Sep 24, 2016
First thought is to create a 10-bit free running counter. Compare counter value to some adjustable 10-bit number. From the image you provided, you seem to have access to basic digital logic and elements like flip-flops.

Is your question more how to develop the logic or how to use the software?

I have never seen the Actum interface before. It does look interesting though.
It is :) I have used it about 20 year. I have attached an example og PWM Actum has made, but I can get it work. You see it is Timer 2 witch are used. Under setting Timer 2, I am not sure what to select. Can someone help ?? Thank Very much !

Attachments

Can you force a constant (16 bit) into the timer 2 auto reload register?

Can you write 16-bit numbers to the compare capture register?

I am not familiar with Realizer software.

nissebola

Joined Jan 16, 2018
Hi ph_elec,
I am a Realizer user since many years back.
Perhaps I can be of any help.

Nice to find a another user.
Can´t find any other user forum for us as Actum support has closed down...
Have you ?

Based on Actum Timer 2 I have edit the design to adapt to the STM8S-Discovery kit for you ( recommended start ).
Hardware settings must be 111:OC1M // 111:OC2M if you want noninverted PWM signals. 110 gives inverted ditto.
Attached is my pdf.

Be in touch.
BR/Nissebola

Attachments

Hi ph_elec,

Have you ?

Based on Actum Timer 2 I have edit the design to adapt to the STM8S-Discovery kit for you ( recommended start ).
Hardware settings must be 111:OC1M // 111:OC2M if you want noninverted PWM signals. 110 gives inverted ditto.
Attached is my pdf.

Be in touch.
BR/Nissebola
Hi ph_elec,

Have you ?

Attached is my pdf.

Be in touch.
BR/Nissebola

Hi - Thanks for info. I have found same as you, and it working, but maybe we could help each other ?
My mailadress is <snipped email addresses > Thanks :)

Mod edit: please don’t post email addresses. It brings SPAM to you and us. Use PMs. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ELB22

Joined Apr 9, 2022
Hi everybody,
I am currently looking for somebody with Actum Realizer Experience (might be able to offer attractive compensation for a rather small project/adjustment).

Any chance you guys are stille using Actum and would be interested in a small side project?