Solving an audio switch problem

brucecopes

Joined Mar 6, 2020
I am trying to make a device that will send out a high pitched audio blast (similiar to an anti-barking device for dogs) to attempt the rooster next door from crowing in the early hours of the morning. Our bedroom window faces the coop and is about 15 meters away. It's driving us nuts. Anyway, I've purchased a couple of Kemo animal repellant devices and would like to connect these to an audio switch that would activate the repellant devices for a certain amount of time. Does anyone have an idea of how to apply some knowledge of circuitry and parts so that when the rooster crows, the module activates an "on" switch for a certain length of time, but cuts off the audio sensor (otherwise it would be in a continuos loop)?

brucecopes

Joined Mar 6, 2020
hi bruce.
Welcome to AAC.
Have you confirmed that domestic 'hens/cocks' can detect ultrasound in the same way as say a dog.?
E
PDF attached,
Yes, and thanks for the PDF! The Kemo devices have an adjustable frequency range and the roosters ears fall into the range! I want to emit two different tones , like a dischord, that will sound awful

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
Have you considered using a eBay 10Sec audio recorder module and audio amp.?
Record the Crowing and then play it back when ever the Cock crows, it would drive the Cock nuts thinking it has a competitor, also hopefully your neighbors would get the message.
Leave it running while you are out.
E

brucecopes

Joined Mar 6, 2020
hi,
Have you considered using a eBay 10Sec audio recorder module and audio amp.?
Record the Crowing and then play it back when ever the Cock crows, it would drive the Cock nuts thinking it has a competitor, also hopefully your neighbors would get the message.
Leave it running while you are out.
E
Haha ...rooster already competes with farmer further away!

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
I think if a rooster thinks he has a competitor, he'll just crow more. Visit the chicken barn at a country fair; it's not a quiet place.
Have you tried talking to your neighbours?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Take the time to talk to the rooster and explain him the new trend about sex and gender. If you are lucky he could autoperceive himself as something different even saying a less strident quack quack in the morning.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The last time a tried an ultrasonic emitter to chase the cats away, the darn cats came right up to the device to investigate what the heck was going on. My failed project attempt!

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Actually he was going to have a bit of surprise when he actually tried this. Roosters (like most birds) respond to sound by crowing, not shutting up. If you've never been awakened by dueling roosters in the morning you must be a city slicker.