Soldering station circuit

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
Hi,

I can't justify a soldering iron station for this soldering iron bit (Attached) So I would like to make a circuit for it. Here is an idea of the circuit (Attached) for guidance. I can see what looks like 4x mosfets in the circuit, so I presume it uses PWM switching. When the iron is in it's holder I think it switches to 12v, and 24v when out of it's holder. It uses a Thermocouple for temperature sensing.

It melts solder in 10 seconds with 4V.

Any ideas welcome.

Camerart.

Attachments

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
I think you are wrong. They may be triacs.

And that is a manual..no ckt diagram.
So how can any one make it.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
So now that you have finally solved the tip terminals,you want to make it get hot.

They use triacs, to pulse 24V ac, you're going to need a thermocouple amp, ad595, or lm324 op amp type, and an op amp integrator to feed pulses to the triacs,via an opto-coupler.

Good luck....

Last edited:

camerart

Joined Feb 25, 2013
So now that you have finally solved the tip terminals,you want to make it get hot.

They use triacs, to pulse 24V ac, you're going to need a thermocouple amp, ad595, or lm324 op amp type, and an op amp integrator to feed pulses to the triacs,via an opto-coupler.

Good luck....
Hii DD,

If I recall correctly, the thermocouple amp has a balanced bridge circuit with a normal temp thermocouple for balance. I'll look into them.

I did notice that the 'original' circuit has a 12v and a 24v setting, plus off when put on the stand.

C.