Solax Genie Mobility Scooter - how to remove front reflector?

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
This way off topic, but does anyone know how to remove the front reflector on a Solax Genie mobility Scooter (The large red bit near the bottom of the 'steering column' pictured below).
This scooter does not have a mechanical brake and it uses the motor to oppose any movement when switched off. This means that while you are not using it the battery discharges so you need prior notcice of a trip so you can charge the battery.

I plan to add a switch in series with the battery so while it is sitting in the house I can switch off completely and then the battery would stay charged. That reflector housing would be a very convenient place to put the switch but it doesn't feel like it unclips and I can see no screws.
1619197910138.png

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Is it dovetailed or keyholed in place? Can you lift up on it to remove it? It might have a clip that keeps it from sliding up.

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
I think there are screws hidden under the actual reflector but I am going to damage it getting it out.
I didn't want a switch on the flat deck where your feet go as that risks turning it off by accident while trundling and I know from running the battery flat that that is a fairly violent stop.
BUT I could put a keyswitch there and that is my plan.