solar panel question mixing panels

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hi
when mixing solar panel monocrystalline and polycrystalline panel, does make any different when connecting in parallel will current decrease or increase?
mrel

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there :)
Both in series and parallel connection, plugging a panel of a lower power rating to the array drags the whole output power down.
The lower the rating, the higher the loss of solar generated power.
This, however, is much more crucial for panels connected in parallel.
Therefore, if you want to get the maximum power from your solar array, you should only connect similar panels.
Mixing different panels, whether connected in series or in parallel, ALWAYS reduces the installed wattage.
Furthermore, if you don’t have any other option than wiring dissimilar panels, you should know that:
1) For series connection – the same current rating of the panels is more important.
2) For parallel connection – the same voltage rating of the panels is more important
Connect only in series panels of the different brands and of the same current.
Connect in parallel panels of different brands and of the same voltage.
Connecting different solar panels in a solar array is not recommended since either the voltage or the current might get reduced. This leads to lower output power, and hence to less solar-generated electricity. Therefore, if you are planning to use dissimilar panels, try to pick ones with similar voltage and current. Or the pv panels from the same type(i.e. poly or mono) but produced by different manufacturers.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Hello there :)
Both in series and parallel connection, plugging a panel of a lower power rating to the array drags the whole output power down.
The lower the rating, the higher the loss of solar generated power.
This, however, is much more crucial for panels connected in parallel.
Therefore, if you want to get the maximum power from your solar array, you should only connect similar panels.
Mixing different panels, whether connected in series or in parallel, ALWAYS reduces the installed wattage.
Furthermore, if you don’t have any other option than wiring dissimilar panels, you should know that:
1) For series connection – the same current rating of the panels is more important.
2) For parallel connection – the same voltage rating of the panels is more important
Connect only in series panels of the different brands and of the same current.
Connect in parallel panels of different brands and of the same voltage.
Connecting different solar panels in a solar array is not recommended since either the voltage or the current might get reduced. This leads to lower output power, and hence to less solar-generated electricity. Therefore, if you are planning to use dissimilar panels, try to pick ones with similar voltage and current. Or the pv panels from the same type(i.e. poly or mono) but produced by different manufacturers.

mrel

Joined Jan 20, 2009
Delta prime
Thank for the information.
When I wrote the thread originally i ask about mixing mono and poly panel in reading your reply thread sound like you don't recommend mixing mono and poly, am i reading your thread right?
mrel